Contractors and consultants
If you are a contractor commencing work at UNSW, you must complete the Contractor Induction Training. Click here to complete the training.
UNSW design documents
Development Control Plan (DCP)
The DCP is the statutory planning document that governs planning and development at the Kensington campus. Click here to view the plan.
Campus Planning and Design Guide
This guide is designed to inform planners, architects, other consultants and government authorities of the key objectives and principles for future development at the Kensington campus. Click here to view the guide.
UNSW Workspace Standards
This document is designed to assist UNSW staff in managing existing space and provide a framework for configuring new and modified space.
- UNSW Space Standards (v1-24 Draft - May 2016)
UNSW Design & Construction Guidelines
If you are a contractor undertaking work on behalf of UNSW, please ensure you follow the appropriate UNSW Design & Construction Requirements below.
- Section A - Introduction Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Section B - Development & Planning Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Section C - Architectural Requirements Rev 4.1 (July 2007)
- Section D - External Works Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Section E.1 - Hydraulic Services Rev 5.8 (June 2015)
- Section E.2 - Mechanical Services Rev 4.2 (February 2014)
- Section E.2.1 - Campus Building Automation and Control System
- Section E.3.1 – Low Voltage Rev 5.1 (May 2014)
- Section E.3.2 - Lighting Rev 5 (February 2014)
- Section E.3.3 - Special Systems Rev 4.2a (Dec 2006)
- Section E.3.4 - High Voltage Rev 5 (February 2014)
- Section E.4 - Communications Rev 4.2a (August 2016)
- Section E.5 - Lift Design Standards Rev 10 (August 2015)
- Section E.6 - Fume Cupboards Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Section F - Specific Area Requirements Rev 4.2 (Dec 2006)
- Section G - Signage Guidelines (July 2013)
- Appendix 2 - Concrete For Structures Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Appendix 3 - UNSW Control System Standard Hvac Rev 4.1 (August 2004)
- Appendix 4 - UNSW Drafting Standards (July 2015)
- Appendix 5 - UNSW Standard Preliminaries Rev 4.1 (Sept 2005)
- Appendix 6 - UNSW Security Specifications Rev 5.1 (December 2016)
- Appendix 7 - UNSW Energy Management Metering Requirements Rev 4.7 (Feb 2017)
- Appendix 8 - UNSW Room Numbering Standards v1.6 (Jan 2015)